The 489th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 27.06.2023.
Russian offensive actions and impact on civilians
During the day, Russian troops struck a country house’s cooperative in the Kremenchuk district of the Poltava region with a Kh-22 cruise missile. Additionally, they carried out 20 airstrikes and conducted over 20 shelling attacks using multiple rocket launcher systems on the positions of Ukrainian military and populated areas.
Unfortunately, there are civilian casualties and injuries, as well as destruction and damage to civilian infrastructure, high-rise buildings, and dozens of private residential houses.
The likelihood of missile and airstrikes across the entire territory of Ukraine remains high.
The Russian army is concentrating its main efforts on the Lyman, Bakhmut, and Marinka directions, with over 10 combat clashes occurring during the day.
Intensified frontline clashes and epicenters of conflict
All maps provided by War Mapper
- In the Volyn and Polissia directions, the operational situation remains unchanged, with no significant changes observed. There are no signs of the Russian army’s forming offensive groupings.
- In the Siversk and Slobozhansk directions, the Russian army maintains military presence. It conducted mortar and artillery shelling on more than 20 populated areas, including Zarychchia, Tymonovychi in the Chernihiv region; Seredyna Buda, Porokhonia, Fotovysh, Velyka Pysarivka in the Sumy region, as well as Udy, Kozacha Lopan, and Krasne Pershe in the Kharkiv region.
- In the Kupiansk direction, over 20 populated areas were subjected to artillery and mortar shelling. This includes Masiutivka, Kyslivka, Kotliarivka, and Berestove in the Kharkiv region.
- In the Lyman direction, more than 15 populated areas were shelled by artillery. This includes Nevske, Dibrova, Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region; Torske, Serebrianka, and Spirne in the Donetsk region.
- In the Bakhmut direction, the Russian army made unsuccessful attempts to regain the lost positions southeast of Ivanivka.
- The shelling by Russian artillery affected areas of over 15 populated areas. This includes Vasiukivka, Markove, Khromove, Chasiv Yar, Ivanivske, Ozaryanivka, and Pivdenne in the Donetsk region.
- In the Avdiivka direction, Russian troops carried out airstrikes in the area of Avdiivka and conducted artillery shelling on more than 20 populated areas. The shelled areas include Keramik, Novokalynove, Avdiivka, Yasnobrodivka, Pervomaiske, and Nevelske in the Donetsk region.
- In the Marinka direction, the Russian army conducted offensive actions in the area of Marinka but did not succeed. It carried out airstrikes near Marinka and Krasnohorivka. At the same time, Russian soldiers conducted artillery shelling in areas of over 10 populated areas. Affected areas include Illinka and Pobeda in the Donetsk region.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, the Russian army made unsuccessful offensive actions towards the village of Rivnopil. It carried out airstrikes in the area of Storozheve in the Donetsk region. It conducted shelling on more than 15 populated areas, including Katerinivka, Yelyzavetivka, Bohoyavlenske, Blahodatne, Vuhledar, Prechystivka, and Zolota Nyva in the Donetsk region.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, the Russian army concentrates its main efforts on preventing the advancement of Ukrainian troops. Russian soldiers carried out airstrikes in the areas of Orikhove and Novodanilivka in the Zaporizhzhia region. They conducted artillery shelling on more than 40 populated areas. Affected areas include Novodarivka, Olhivske, Poltavka, Malynivka, Charyvne, Mala Tokmachka, Preobrazhenka, Orikhiv, and Pavlivka in the Zaporizhzhia region; Zolota Balka, Dudchany, Kachkarivka, Vesele, Antonivka, Kherson, Bilozerka, Dniprovske, and Kizomys in the Kherson region, as well as Ochakiv in the Mykolaiv region.
Continuing their armed aggression, Russian troops suffer daily losses. Approximately 50 wounded Rusisan soldiers were transported to the building of a kindergarten converted into a field hospital in Novomykhailivka, Kherson region.
Furthermore, the Russian army continues to convert civilian educational institutions into medical facilities in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine. For instance, it transformed a general education school in the settlement of Rozivka, Zaporizhzhia region, into another military hospital. There is a constant influx of wounded Russian soldiers.
During the day, the Air Force conducted 12 strikes on Russian personnel concentration areas and 4 strikes on air defense missile systems.
The missile troops and artillery units of the Ukrainian army targeted 1 command post, 2 Buk air defense missile systems, and 4 areas of concentration of personnel, weapons, and military equipment of the Russian army throughout the day.