The 494th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 02.07.2023.
Russian troops’ attacks on the civilian infrastructure in Ukraine
During the day, Russian troops carried out 11 missile strikes and employed 8 Iranian Shahed attack UAVs. Additionally, the Russian army conducted 40 airstrikes and launched approximately 30 barrages from multiple rocket launch systems on the positions of Ukrainian military nd civilian settlements. Unfortunately, besides the destroyed civilian infrastructure, innocent people were also affected.
The probability of missile and aerial strikes across the entire territory of Ukraine remains high.
The Russian army is concentrating its main efforts on the directions of Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Marinka, where heavy fighting is ongoing. Over the course of the day, more than 28 combat clashes took place.
List of the Russian Federation’s attacks on the Ukrainian territory
All maps provided by War Mapper
- The operational situation in the Volyn and Polissia directions remains unchanged.
- In the Siversk and Slobozhansk directions, the Russian army maintains a military presence. It conducted mortar and artillery shelling on over 30 populated areas, including Hrinivka and Kamyanska Sloboda in Chernihiv Oblast; Sopych, Bilopillia, and Ponomarenky in Sumy Oblast; and Kozacha Lopan and Vovchansk in Kharkiv Oblast.
- In the Kupyansk direction, Russian troops carried out artillery and mortar shelling, targeting Masyutivka, Kyslivka, and Berestove in Kharkiv Oblast.
- In the Lyman direction, the Russian army conducted aerial strikes in the areas of Bilohorivka and Novolubiivka in Luhansk Oblast, and Siverska in Donetsk Oblast. Artillery shelling affected Nevske, Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast, and Verkhniokamianske and Torske in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Bakhmut direction, Russian soldiers launched unsuccessful offensive actions in the areas of Minkivka and Bohdanivka in Donetsk Oblast. Over 10 populated areas, including Chasiv Yar and Ivanivske in Donetsk Oblast, were affected by Russian artillery shelling.
- In the Avdiivka direction, the Russian army carried out unsuccessful offensive actions in the vicinity of Avdiivka. It also conducted an aerial strike in the same area. Artillery shelling targeted over 10 populated areas, including Avdiivka and Pervomaiske in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Marinka direction, Ukrainian troops repelled all Russian attacks in the area of Marinka city. However, at the same time, the Russian army conducted aerial strikes in the areas of Kotlyarivka, Marinka, and Kurakhove, and shelled over 10 populated areas with artillery. Among them were Marinka and Novomykhailivka in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, Russian soldiers carried out an aerial strike in the area of Bohoyavlenske. They also conducted shelling on more than 10 populated areas, including Zolota Nyva, Velyka Novosilka, Vodyane, and Vuhledar in Donetsk Oblast.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, the Russian army is focusing its main efforts on preventing the advancement of Ukrainian military. It conducted aerial strikes in the areas of Zmiivka and Antonivka. Russian troops also shelled over 40 populated areas with artillery, including Novodarivka, Olhivske, Huliaypole, and Bilohirya in Zaporizhzhia Oblast, and Kozatske, Antonivka, Dniprovske in Kherson Oblast, as well as the city of Kherson.
The Ukrainian troops’ strikes on Russian equipment