The 488th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 26.06.2023.
Russian troops’ attacks on the civilian infrastructure in Ukraine
During the day, Russian troops launched a missile and air strike on the territory of Ukraine. With the forces and means of air defense of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, two Kalibr cruise missiles and 7 Shahed-136/131 attack UAVs were destroyed. Additionally, the Russian army attacked from the northern direction with 4 unidentified type drones (presumably attack drones), all of which were destroyed.
Furthermore, during the day, Russian military conducted 36 aviation strikes and carried out 17 shelling attacks from rocket multiple launch systems. The probability of missile and air strikes across the entire territory of Ukraine remains high.
The Russian army continues to concentrate its main efforts on the Lyman, Bakhmut, and Marinka directions, with over 35 combat clashes occurring during the day.
List of the Russian Federation’s attacks on the Ukrainian territory
All maps provided by War Mapper
- On the Volyn and Polissia directions, the operational situation remains unchanged, with no significant changes observed in the formation of offensive groupings. Combat training and coordination activities of Russian Federation Armed Forces units are ongoing on the training grounds in the Republic of Belarus before their deployment to the areas of combat operations on the territory of Ukraine.
- The Russian army maintains a military presence on the Siversk and Slobodzhansk directions. It conducted mortar and artillery shelling of populated areas in Hirske, Chernihiv Oblast; Sorokino, Korenok, Stukalivka, Yunakivka, Loknia, Sumy Oblast; as well as Udi, Chervona Zoria, Odnorobivka, Veternarne, Hoptivka, Strilecha, Pylna, Kozacha Lopan, Morokhovets, Lukyantsi, Izbitske, Pletenivka, Ohirtseve, Volokhivka, Budarky, Zemlianky, Chuhunivka, Odradne in Kharkiv Oblast.
- On the Kupiansk direction, the Russian army carried out unsuccessful offensive actions towards Stelmakhivka. Artillery and mortar shelling targeted Krasne Pershe, Vasilytsevka, Fiholivka, Novomyrhorod, Dvorichna, Masyutivka, Kyslivka, Berestove in Kharkiv Oblast.
- On the Lyman direction, Russian troops conducted aviation strikes in the areas of Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast and Spirne and Rozdolivka in Donetsk Oblast. Artillery shelling targeted Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast and Torhanske, Serebrianka, Verkhniokamianske, Spirne, and Rozdolivka in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Bakhmut direction, Russian soldiers carried out unsuccessful offensive actions towards Bohdanivka. They conducted airstrikes in the areas of Soledar and Bila Hora in Donetsk Oblast. Areas of populated settlements Vasiukivka, Markove, Khromove, Chasiv Yar, Ivanivske, Ozarianivka, and Pivdenne in Donetsk Oblast were affected by Russian artillery shelling.
- On the Avdiivka direction, the Russian army carried out unsuccessful offensive actions towards Pervomaiske. It conducted airstrikes in the areas of Avdiivka and Severne. Artillery shelling targeted the populated areas of Sukha Balka, Avdiivka, Orlivka, Vodyane, Karlivka, Nevelske, Oleksandrivka, Valentynivka, Keramik, Stepove, and Pervomaiske in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Marinka direction, the Russian army conducted offensive actions in the area of Marinka but did not achieve success. It carried out an aviation strike near Krasnohorivka. At the same time, Russian troops conducted artillery shelling in the areas of Hеorhiivka, Marinka, and Pobeda in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Shakhtarsk direction, the Armed Forces of Ukraine liberated the village of Rivnopil in Donetsk Oblast. Russian troops carried out aviation strikes in the areas of Prechystivka, Blahodatne, and Makarivka. They conducted shelling of populated areas including Illinka, Paraskeviivka, Novomykhailivka, Vuhledar, Prechystivka, Storozheve, Yelyzavetivka, Bohoyavlenske, Vuhledar, Zolota Nyva, Makarivka, Novosilka, Novopil, Makarivka, and Zelene Pole in Donetsk Oblast.
- On the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, the Russian army is concentrating its main efforts on preventing the advancement of Ukrainian military. Russian troops conducted aviation strikes in the areas of Levadne and Oleshky. They carried out artillery shelling of populated areas including Temirivka, Novodarivka, Levadne, Olihivske, Malynivka, Zaporizhzhia, Chervone, Huliaypole, Zaliznychne, Huliaypilske, Mala Tokmachka, Orikhiv, Shcherbaky, Pyatyhatky, Lobkove in Zaporizhzhia Oblast; Nikopol in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast; Dudchany, Olihivka, Respublikanets, Lvove, Tyahynka, Burhunka, Kachkarivka, Mykolaivka, Zmiivka, Antonivka, Naddniprianske, Molodizhne, Inzhenerne, Zelenivka, Kherson, Bilozerka, Berehove, Dniprovskoe, Bilozerka, Romashkove, Charivne in Kherson Oblast, and Ochakiv in Mykolaiv Oblast.
The Ukrainian troops’ strikes on Russian equipment
The aviation of the Ukrainian army conducted 6 strikes on Russian personnel concentration areas within the day.
Missile troops and artillery units targeted Russian command post and 10 artillery units on firing positions throughout the day.