Are you craving a radiant, luminous glow that makes heads turn? Look no further than your very own skin-friendly kitchen ingredients. It’s time to indulge in the magic of DIY body scrubs, where the power to unlock your skin’s natural radiance lies within your fingertips. From the invigorating scent of coffee to the gentle touch of oatmeal, natural ingredients have the potential to pamper your skin.
Dr Monica Kapoor, a celebrity cosmetologist and director at Flawless Cosmetic Clinics and ILACAD Institute, has shared three recipes of homemade body scrubs that can make your skin soft and glowing.
DIY body scrubs for glowing skin
Here are 3 best body scrubs to boost glowing skin!
1. Lemon juice body scrub
– 1 cup granulated sugar (white or brown)
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 2-3 tablespoons of carrier oil (such as olive oil or coconut oil)
- In a bowl, combine the granulated sugar and the juice of one lemon. Mix them together until well blended.
- Gradually add the carrier oil of your choice to the mixture. The oil helps moisturize your skin and makes the scrub easier to apply. Stir well.
- Your sugar and lemon juice body scrub is ready to use now. Before applying it to your skin, make sure your body is wet in the shower or bath.
- Take a handful of the scrub and gently massage it onto your skin in circular motions. Focus on areas that need exfoliation, such as elbows, knees, and rough patches.
- Continue massaging the scrub onto your body for a few minutes.
- Rinse off the scrub with lukewarm water, and pat your skin dry with a towel. Apply the moisturizer to keep your skin nourished.
Note: Lemon juice can be slightly acidic, so if you have sensitive skin or any open cuts or wounds, it’s best to avoid using this scrub or perform a patch test first to ensure it doesn’t cause irritation.
2. Coffee and honey body scrub
– 1 cup ground coffee (preferably freshly ground)
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar or sea salt (for additional exfoliation, optional)
– 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
– 2-3 tablespoons honey
– Optional: a few drops of essential oil of your choice for fragrance (such as lavender or vanilla)
- In a bowl, combine the ground coffee and granulated sugar or sea salt if you choose to use it. The sugar or salt will provide extra exfoliation for your skin.
- Add the coconut oil or olive oil and honey to the mixture. Stir well until all the ingredients are combined.
- If you prefer a fragrant scrub, add a few drops of your chosen essential oil to the mixture and stir well.
- While in the shower or bath, wet your skin with water.
- Take a handful of the coffee and honey scrub and gently massage it onto your skin using circular motions, allowing the coffee grounds to exfoliate the skin and the honey to moisturize it.
- Rinse off the scrub thoroughly with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry and follow up with a moisturizer if needed.
Remember to perform a patch test before using the scrub, especially if you have sensitive skin or allergies to any of the ingredients.
3. Oatmeal body scrub
– 1 cup rolled oats (not instant oats)
– 1/4 cup brown sugar or granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
– 2-3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Place the rolled oats in a blender and pulse until you achieve a coarse texture.
- In a bowl, combine the pulsed oats with the brown sugar or granulated sugar.
- Add the coconut oil or olive oil to the mixture and stir well.
- If desired, add honey or maple syrup to the mixture and stir again. These ingredients will add moisture and stickiness to the scrub.
- Before using the scrub, wet your skin with warm water in the shower or bath.
- Take a handful of the oatmeal scrub and gently massage it onto your skin using circular motions.
- Rinse off the scrub thoroughly with water.
- Pat your skin dry and follow up with a moisturizer if desired.
So ladies, this summer try these DIY body scrubs and see the glow!