The 490th day of the Russia-Ukraine War: official operational information by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on 28.06.2023.
Russian troops’ attacks on the civilian infrastructure in Ukraine
The Russian Federation continues to kill the civilian population of Ukraine and ignore the laws and customs of war, using terrorist tactics.
Last night, Russian troops carried out another strike with Iranian Shahed-type drones. The air defense of the Ukrainian Armed Forces destroyed six kamikaze drones.
Furthermore, during the day, the Russian army launched 2 missile strikes and 44 airstrikes, conducting about 20 shelling attacks with multiple rocket launch systems on Ukrainian troops’ positions and populated areas. Unfortunately, besides the destroyed infrastructure, innocent people have been affected.
The likelihood of missile and airstrikes across the entire territory of Ukraine remains high.
The Russian army continues to concentrate its main efforts on the directions of Lyman, Bakhmut, and Marinka, with heavy fighting ongoing. There have been approximately 20 combat clashes during the day.
List of the Russian Federation’s attacks on the Ukrainian territory
All maps provided by War Mapper
- The operational situation on the Volyn and Polissia directions remains unchanged. There are no significant signs of Russian offensive formations.
- In the Siversk and Slobozhansk directions, the Russian army conducted an airstrike in the area of Ruska Lozova in the Kharkiv region. It carried out mortar and artillery shelling on more than 25 populated areas, including Leonivka in the Chernihiv region; Novovasylivka, Znob-Novhorodske, Nova Huta, Vovkivka in the Sumy region, as well as Veterynarne, Kozacha Lopan, Mali Prokhody, Hatysche, Pletenivka, Bochkove, Nesterne, Kruhle, and Budarky in the Kharkiv region.
- In the Kupiansk direction, over 20 populated areas, including Kolodyazne, Fiholivka, Novomlynsk, Dvorichna, Zakhapne, Kindrashivka, Kupiansk, Masiutivka, Kyslivka, and Berestove in the Kharkiv region, were subjected to Russian artillery and mortar shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, Russian troops carried out unsuccessful offensive actions in the area of Rozdolivka. They conducted airstrikes in the areas of Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region and Zvanivka and Viyimka in the Donetsk region. Over 10 populated areas, including Nevske, Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region, and Torske, Verkhniokamianske, and Rozdolivka in the Donetsk region, were shelled by artillery.
- In the Bakhmut direction, Russian soldiers conducted unsuccessful offensive actions in the areas of Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Bohdanivka, and Bila Hora, and carried out an airstrike in the area of New York in the Donetsk region. Approximately 15 populated areas, including Vasiukivka, Orikhovo-Vasylivka, Markove, Khromove, Chasiv Yar, Ivanivske, Ozaryanivka, and Pivdenne in the Donetsk region, were affected by Russian artillery shelling.
- In the Avdiivka direction, the Russian army carried out unsuccessful offensive actions in the area of Avdiivka and conducted an airstrike there. It also shelled the areas of more than 10 populated areas with artillery, including Berdychiv, Avdiivka, Vodianne, Karlivka, and Pervomaiske in the Donetsk region.
- In the Marinka direction, Ukrainian military repelled all Russian attacks in the area of Marinka. At the same time, the Russian army carried out an airstrike within the boundaries of this settlement. Additionally, Russian troops conducted artillery shelling in the areas of approximately 10 populated areas, including Marinka and Pobeda in the Donetsk region.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, the Russian army carried out unsuccessful offensive actions towards Novomykhailivka. It conducted airstrikes in the areas of Prechystivka and Makarivka in the Donetsk region. Russian soldiers also shelled over 15 populated areas, including Kostiantynivka, Paraskeviivka, Novomykhailivka, Prechystivka, Zolota Nyva, Vilne Pole, Storozheve, Blahodatne, Makarivka, and Rivnopil in the Donetsk region.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, the Russian army is concentrating its main efforts on preventing the advancement of Ukrainian troops. Russian soldiers carried out airstrikes in the areas of Levadne and Mala Tokmachka in the Zaporizhzhia region. They conducted artillery shelling on approximately 30 populated areas. Places affected include Levadne, Olhivske, Hulyaypole, Zaliznychne, Charivne in the Zaporizhzhia region; Mykhailivka, Havrylivka, Odradokamianka, Mykolaivka, Olhivka, Burhunka, Lvove, Ivanivka, Naddniprianske, Antonivka, Kherson, Komyshany, Dniprovsky, Yantarnne, Berehove, Tomyna Balka, Sofiivka in the Kherson region, and Ochakiv in the Mykolaiv region.
Due to the outbreak of viral diseases, Russian troops were forced to undertake measures to stabilize the sanitary-epidemiological situation in a number of populated areas of the temporarily occupied territory of the Kherson region, which were affected by the explosion of the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant. Russian soldiers employed municipal service workers to clear the debris and recover the bodies of the victims of the flood. As a result of search and recovery operations, over 60 bodies were found on June 24-25 of this year alone. The command of the Russian occupation forces decided to bury the deceased in mass graves without collecting DNA samples or placing any markers at the burial sites to conceal the actual number of casualties.
The Ukrainian troops’ strikes on Russian equipment
During the day, the aviation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine carried out 11 strikes on Russian personnel concentration areas, 5 on anti-aircraft missile systems, and 1 on Russian command post.
Rocket and artillery units targeted ammunition depots, 11 artillery units in firing positions, 3 air defense assets, and EW (electronic warfare) station of Russian military throughout the day.